[ic] Interchange DreamWeaver extension

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:41:48 -0500

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 04:07 PM 11/24/00 +0100, you wrote:
> >Leonel Silva <leonel@sdm.pt> writes:
> >
> > > Hello Mike,
> > >
> > > An Interchange DreamWeaver extension would be too good to be true! Really,
> > > that would be just wonderful.
> > >

> >The HTML-hacking department of my company is quite excited too.
> >

> I am curious - would this be a "tolerate the tags" kind of extension, or
> would IML  interpolation and processing be folded in?

No interpolation and processing. Without a Perl link I doubt I can
make that or searching functions work -- JavaScript regular expressions
are very difficult to work with. It would be nice to have some values
inserted for things like a list, i.e. handle [if ....] [else][/else][/if]
and [if-PREFIX-data] for a preview.  Maybe a few tag templates (though
the emphasis will be on adding tools to make your own).

The most important thing will be reading, setting, manipulating templates,
including setting up the Variable values in a catalog.cfg file. The idea being
that you can create a page in Dreamweaver, mark the various parts as the master
for a template and/or components, and have them saved to the proper place via
FTP or UI link.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock