[ic] Safe trap info

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:20:05 -0500

Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Steve & Patti Getzinger (steveandpatti@wubs.org):
> >   I have several good books on perl but fail to find any info on safe. I am
> > learning as I go. So far I have learned that chdir is out and so is glob. Can
> > anyone point me to a decent resource for safe?
> >

> Try "perldoc Opcode", and of course "perldoc Safe". You can
> untrap Safe operations with Interchange's SafeUntrap directive,
> but if you want to do file io you may as well run global.
>
> --
> Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
> phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>
>
> My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
> have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino

Thanks for the info Mike. I would rather learn how to work with Safe instead of
making something vulnerable or should I say more vulnerable than it needs to be.
All I am doing is checking the age of files and posting a notice to the site if
they are less than... If I get too impatient with it I'll just cron the thing and
have it write a blank file if to old and what I want if not to old. Then pull in
with include

Steve