[ic] uploading images side-effect

Marcel Montes marcel@multimake.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:31:05 -0300

--------------191EAFE48289F1DD99167EA7

Another problem (I think I already posted this, but perhaps I wasn't clear
about it)

I modified the "Long description" field from the "16 penny nails" item (sku:
os28057a on construct demo)
this way:

-----------------------------snip-----------------------------
Try our high quality 16 penny titanium nails for a lifetime of holding power.
Box count about 100 nails.
 search=|

  fi=products
  st=db
  se=Nails
  op=rm
  nu=0
  ml=10

]"><font face="Arial, Helvetica" size="1" color="#FFFFFF">Testing
-----------------------------snip-----------------------------

and when I access "Nails" category from the left menu, this nails aren't
listed.
I remove the [area] and it's listed again.

I need this to return to the category listing as my layout won't be always
having
the menu on the left.

any ideas??

Another question: how do I know which catalog is the listed item from?

Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> > Quoting Marcel Montes (marcel@multimake.com):
> > > After uploading images in the admin interface of the construct demo when
> > > it returns
> > > to the item edit page, several fields are erased (Long description, and
> > > size for instance)
> > >
> > > (RedHat 7, MySQL)
> >
> > Cannot duplicate.
>
> Oops, yes I can when "new file name" option is selected.  Found and
> fixed in CVS in the file lib/UI/vars/UI_STD_DBEDIT_TABLE.
>
> Elaboration for the source-curious: the $override variable was defined
> "my" outside the loop, so every field after the image one was
> trashed. Moving "my $override" inside the for(@cols) loop
> fixes it.
>
> --
> Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
> phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>
>
> Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
> society.  -- Mark Twain

 Marcel Montes [marcel(at)multimake(dot)com] - Programmer
 "If our brain were so simple that we could understand it,
 we would be so stupid that we couldn't do so"