[ic] scratch variables in search conditions (Was: How can I override ProductFiles?)

scott andreas scotta@homer-simpson.learnserv.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:10:01 -0800

--------------6B0E5028EC53B3D4AC462524

Doug Alcorn wrote:

> "Cameron B. Prince" <cameron@akopia.com> writes:
>
> > Use the admin UI and go to the Design tab.
> >
> > Select the area/category and change the link-type to complex search.
> >
> > You'll need something like:
> >
> > fi=products
> > st=db
> > co=yes
> > sf=category
> > se=Chargers
> > ml=10
> >

> Thanks for taking the time to point out something so easy.  I have
> been doing most of my page design stuff from the text editor rather
> than the UI.
>
> I tried the above and it worked great (of course).  I used this complex
> search:
>    fi=products/st=db/sf=category/se=batteries/sf=addl_category/se=MOTNEXI600
>
> This returned the limited search I was expecting.  Now the twist is
> that I want the search equal for addl_category to be a scratch
> variable.  Something like this:
>
> fi=products
> st=db
> sf=category
> se=batteries
> sf=addl_category
> se=[scratch addl_category]
>
> This doesn't work because it actually tries to find an addl_category
> that matches the literal '[scratch addl_category]'.
>
> The documentation says that the variable mv_last stops interpretation
> of search variables.  Does this relate to what I'm trying to do?
> --
>  (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
>  oo /  Unix Hacker
>  |_/   "It's too late for paradise"

instead of searching on the db search on the txt file its self use st=txt  not
st=db .   db includes all the txt files declared by the ProductsFile

--
J. Scott Andreas :)
Webmaster

--------------6B0E5028EC53B3D4AC462524

begin:vcard
n:andreas;scott
tel;fax:1-541-744-2056
tel;work:1-800-877-9378 / 1-541-744-0883
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.learnserv.com
org:Learning Services, Inc.;Marketing
version:2.1
email;internet:scotta@homer.learnserv.com
title:Webmaster
adr;quoted-printable:;;PO Box 10636,97440=0D=0A3895 E. 19th Ave.=0D=0AEugene, Oregon 97403;Eugene;Oregon;97403;U S of A
fn:Scott Andreas
end:vcard

--------------6B0E5028EC53B3D4AC462524--