[ic] XML and Interchange?

Cameron B. Prince cameron@akopia.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:07:19 -0600

We have a couple of catalogs that generate an XML log using the usertag.
A backend order processing system reads these files and imports the data.

I have also heard of others using an XML file to be imported into a program
for EDI transmission.

Good luck,

Cameron

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Bennett
Grassano
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 2:44 PM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: [ic] XML and Interchange?

I recently came accross the usertag "xml_generator" and realized that this
seems to be the only utterance of XML in the archive. Is Interchange
compatible with XML or are they competing open standards? Is anyone out
there currently integrating XML and Interchange?   I know that interfaces
exist between Perl and XML but I'm having difficulty picturing Interchange
and XML working in concert.  Anyone else out there been wondering the same
thing?