[ic] uploading images side-effect

delionsweb - minivend minivend@delionsweb.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:35:10 -0500

You always do cvs updates in the install directory and NOT in the live
directory.
Let's say you downloaded in /downloads/interchange this will be the install
dir and installed in /usr/local/interchange this  will be the live directory.
Theoretically running the CVS update in the live directory might be ok if
you know what you are doing but I choose NOT to take the risk.
You can pay attention to what gets updated and then decide which updates
you want to move manually to the live dir.
You should be logged in as the user that owns the directory you want to
write to.
You can always do things as root and do a chown later ...