[ic] Tips and tricks -- override of UI menus

scott andreas scotta@homer-simpson.learnserv.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:05:49 -0800

--------------194054357E5AD47813AB947A

Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> > The Interchange UI probably is useful for most people in its standard
> > form. Of course, that is not always true. The benefits of open source
> > allow you to edit the pages and files in lib/UI (location of all UI-related
> > stuff) and get the presentation and functionality you need.
>
> There are a lot of tips and tricks for the UI menu, but none seems to fit me
> needs.
>
> I'd like to build some functionality that is to be accessed from all
> catalogs. And I'd like to use the admin menu system, but the functionality
> will be completely different.
>
> This means different pages, different menu items and everything else is
> different. The only connection to the admin menu is that I like the menu from
> the construct demo; it would be a good idea to start from there, and my
> system will not be copied to each and every catalogue.
>
> So I thought I'd copy the lib/UI/pages/admin directory and change the
> functionality from there. Or is there a better way?
> There are a lot of UI_BASE all over the place. Seems they have to be changed
> to another variable for my purposes.
> But I have a hard time finding the menu options themselves. How do I change
> the names "Orders", "Customers" et al in the menu?
>
> If this is the wrong way of doing it, I'd really like to know.
>
> --
> Kaare Rasmussen            --Linux, spil,--        Tlf:        3816 2582
> Kaki Data                tshirts, merchandize      Fax:        3816 2501
> Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
> 2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk

In the root directory are 2 config files  catalog_before.cfg and
catalog_after.cgf  this is where the @_Header_@ variable is  pulling the
directives from

However, what I've done is under quicklinks, which is easier to edit, this is
where I made accessing other admin pages that I've created. Those pages that I've
created are under the admin directory of each catalog.

Quicklinks hyperlink is in the lower left side of the admin
--
J. Scott Andreas :)
webdeveloper

--------------194054357E5AD47813AB947A

begin:vcard
n:andreas;scott
tel;fax:1-541-744-2056
tel;work:1-800-877-9378 / 1-541-744-0883
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.learnserv.com
org:Learning Services, Inc.;Marketing
version:2.1
email;internet:scotta@homer.learnserv.com
title:Webmaster
adr;quoted-printable:;;PO Box 10636,97440=0D=0A3895 E. 19th Ave.=0D=0AEugene, Oregon 97403;Eugene;Oregon;97403;U S of A
fn:Scott Andreas
end:vcard

--------------194054357E5AD47813AB947A--