[ic] DBD:Pg install problem

Mark Stosberg mark@summersault.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:10:11 -0500

Shozo Murahashi wrote:

> I am trying to install Interchange with Postgresql on ISP.
> Interchange on DB_FILE is working well.
>
> I faced the error when I install DBD:Pg. DBI module was installed in my
> private
> directory /.cpan/build/DBI-1.14.
> How can I install DBD:Pg in my environment?

You need to let DBD::Pg know where DBI is as part of the install
process.

Try editting the DBD::Pg Makefile.PL and just before the line at the top
that says:

use DBI 1.00;

add something like:

push @INC '/path/to/my/own/DBI.pm';

(the value there should be the directory that DBI.pm is in, not the path
to DBI.pm itself.

Good luck!

  -mark

personal website             }      Summersault Website Development
http://mark.stosberg.com/    {      http://www.summersault.com/

today's fortune: You are the only flower of meditation in the wilderness