[ic] 4.5.6 install problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:25:10 -0400

Quoting John Walsh (jwalsh@diabetesnet.com):
> We're encountering the same problem. Deleting a non-existent file doesn't
> seem to help.
>
> John
>

> At 10:57 AM 09/30/2000 -0700, you wrote:
> >On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Beriah Dutcher wrote:
> >
> > > i am having this same problem but no one seems to know the answer or
> > want to
> > > help

The problem was doing a "make dist". You don't really want to
make your own MANIFEST file.

You can either edit MANIFEST to remove the entry, or you can do a "cvs
update -dP". Then do another "make tardist" to build a new distribution.

Best is to remove the file from the dist/ directory. You can always find
it with

	find . -name 'minivend.cfg*' -print

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow