[ic] Help.. Part 2

Warren Odom warren-odom@stenocall.com
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:33:39 -0500

[message changed from HTML to plain text]

I can tell you my experience as a newcomer.  I was trying to convert an
existing store to Minivend, and wanted to match the existing appearance.  I
had a devil of a time taking the more complex template and modifying its
appearance to match what I wanted.  (The simpler template just seemed like
it lacked too many features.)  Some of the table tags just wouldn't match up
right (tables get started in one file and finished in another, etc.).  I had
an easier time taking the existing web pages and inserting the Minivend tags
I wanted, copied from the template.  (This has problems of its own--you
might leave something out, etc.)

Of course, other more experienced users may have different ideas on how best
to proceed.  But, one way or another, you can't get away from editing the
HTML directly--and a proper HTML editor will most likely be better than a
straight text editor.

       -- Warren