[ic] WARNING: Your mail will soon be bounced if you send TNEF

IF mymother@my-mothers-shop.com
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:07:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Warren Odom wrote:

> >I am steamed enough that I may start bouncing email that doesn't comply
> with Internet standards.
>
> I have never gotten in the habit of using a Vcard, but according to my
> investigations, they are defined as a standard in RFC 2426.  (And although I
> try not to send HTML mail in general, HTML is nothing if not an Internet
> standard.)
>
> What I'm getting at is I've seen several comments on this list about
> complying with "Internet standards" but they obviously are referring to some
> subset of these standards.  And I don't recall seeing any link to where that
> subset is enumerated.  Such a link would be helpful.
>
>            -- Warren

When you subscribed to this list, you must have read the rules
for it at

It says that the list moderator doesn't accept html mail and
flames.

No offense, this is not a flame - just a reminder. BTW, if it
is or if it is not a standard is not that important, there
are a lot of annoying standards we unfortunately sometimes
can't avoid to live with. :-)

BTW, it is also a nice "standard" to cut off the tail of
posts which only repeat previous posts and add nothing
new contentwise. It bloats digests, takes space and repeats
too often things we just had better read only once.