[ic] adding fields to database table /was Uploading offline

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 05:36:46 -0400

Quoting John Foster (jfoster@augustmail.com):
> Regarding my previous posting about uploading large databases with
> offline. I failed to mention that I had added new fields to the tables.
> Interchange croaked on them. Is there a way to upload new databases that
> include new fields for the tables?

The basic procedure would be this:

Create the standard offline directory "offline" in the catalog directory.

	cd CATALOG_DIR
	mkdir offline
	cd offline

Link in your text files to that directory:

	ln ../products/*.txt ../products/*.asc ../products/*.csv .

Run offline:

	/usr/local/minivend/bin/offline -c CATALOGNAME

When it completes, stop Minivend/Interchange, move the GDBM files
to the products directory, then restart:

	/usr/local/minivend/bin/minivend -stop
	mv -f *.gdbm ../products
	/usr/local/minivend/bin/minivend

That is what I would do.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow