[ic] DBD Problem?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 07:36:54 -0400

Quoting David Guerrero (david@boe.es):
> /cgi-bin/tienda/process.html Safe: Can't locate DBI object method
> "quote" via package "DBD::Oracle::db" at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 509.
>
> But, in the other hand, when i use:
>
> [if data products::stock::[item-code] >= [item-quantity]]
>
> in an [item-list][/item-list] it works just fine.
>
> Isn't supossed "quote" to be in the DBI module instead of the Oracle
> DBD?

Nope. That is a method that is inherited from the DBI, but can be
overridden in the DBD. Different SQLs have different quoting conventions.

> Can be a "Safe" problem? I have "AllowGlobal  tienda" in minivend.cfg.

In which case you must use [perl global=1 ...] to access it, which we
never do in the UI. The only global things we do are via the normal
UserTag interface.

Sounds like you don't have Safe::Hole installed. If you do, it is an Oracle
driver problem and there isn't much we can do about that. We will be putting
a dbconf/oracle directory in the distribution, so we will check for this.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock