[ic] Interesting Bug or Feature??

John Beima jbeima@reality.palb.com
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:07:53 -0600 (MDT)

G'Day Folks,

I was wondering if someone had a work around for this...

Say your catalog has a user with the username of "jbeima".

MiniVend allows the user to login ignoring the case. So "jbeima", "Jbeima", and
"jBeima" all log the same user in.

Now when the user buys something instead of the username "jbeima" being stored
in the orderline database, whatever the user typed in the login is stored. So
the orderline username will actually contain "Jbeima" or "jBeima" depending on
what the user typed.

So if we generate a report that queries all the orderline data and then sorts it
by username, this user appears to be three different people. So he has to look
for his order information in 3 different places.

What I was wondering, is if there is a way of triggering Minivend to re-load the
username from the userdb when it loads the rest of the user data, so in fact all
his information is then later saved correctly in all the otehr tables?

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6