[ic] Oracle?

David Guerrero david@boe.es
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:08:17 +0200

jason burns wrote:

> Is there any documentation on how to configure interchange
> to work with Oracle? Is this currently supported?
> I noticed the website had an Oracle logo on it.

Interchange should work with Oracle as well other DBI/DBD compliant
databases... But the reality is that you will have some troubles trying
it. I've been using it since a couple of months, with a couple of
issues, like the "Database XXX UPPERCASE 1" not working (workaround: use
your filed names uppercase), and a small DBD problem (at least in my
installation...)

Mike and the people of Akopia are aware of them, and I know they are
working to solve them ASAP.

Yesterday, Mike said in this mailing list that they will be including a
dbconf/oracle directory in a future release of Interchange...

So, good news for everyone... :)

--
---------------< LINUX: The choice of a GNU generation >----------------
David Guerrero                                      E-mail: david@boe.es