[ic] Any idea what is the problem here

John Foster jfoster@augustmail.com
Fri, 06 Oct 2000 08:27:46 -0500

After following these instructions per Mike the results are below;
> Create the standard offline directory "offline" in the catalog directory.
As in the directory /home/mydir/catalogs/offline
or in /home/mydir/catalogs/test1/offline  ??
I did it the second way.
>         cd CATALOG_DIR
>         mkdir offline
>         cd offline
> Link in your text files to that directory:
The text files that I want to upload are in; /home/mydir/databases/*.txt
I take it you mean to put/overwrite those in the directory;
>         ln ../products/*.txt ../products/*.asc ../products/*.csv .
thereby creating a hardlink from the files to be uploaded to the offline
> Run offline:
>         /usr/local/minivend/bin/offline -c CATALOGNAME
> When it completes, stop Minivend/Interchange, move the GDBM files
> to the products directory, then restart:
>         /usr/local/minivend/bin/minivend -stop
>         mv -f *.gdbm ../products
>         /usr/local/minivend/bin/minivend
> That is what I would do.
The following is the error generated by following these instructions:
Configuring catalog construct...Using default DBM database.
Configuring catalog test1...test1 config error: Corrupted perl storable
file at blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
blib/lib/auto/Storable/thaw.al) line 208, <CONFIG> chunk 5, at
/home/mydir/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 267

test1: error in configuration. Skipping.
test1: config error. Skipping.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 5459)
The above error was generated upon restarting the interchange server. 
This only happens after I modify the .txt files from offline. I can edit
them from the admin UI just fine.

I am likely doing something wrong as this is totally new ground for me.
I did compare the smaller .gdbm files that I was able to update with
http and they were exactly the same as those generated by the offline
process. I also tried 2 other procedures for generating the .gdbm files.
The result was identicle files from all 3 procedures. The only way it
was working was when I used http to update the smaller files such as
area.txt, cat.txt, banner.txt, etc. the large pricing, inventory, and
products files seem to be the problem. 
Can I add fields or change the field parameters such as from text to
numerical or change the field size during an update: OR.. Must that be
done from within the admin UI, exported, then updated..
Sorry to be so persistent but I have been working on this problem for
about 3 days now, and am determined to get past it. Thanks for the help!


John Foster                                
ICQ# 19460173