[ic] [ic]Image upload

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 09:21:44 -0400

Quoting Jeff Case (jeff_case@hotmail.com):
> Mat,
>
> (assuming you're adding/updating a product)
>
> Here's the way I do it...
>
> >From the UI, Quicklinks
>
> 1) Direct Table Edit
> 2) products, Edit Entries
> 3) New Item [or] select item and Edit Item
> 4) Go to Thumb
>    a) PULL DOWN MENU TO <--NEW
>    b) SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK "OK" (*not* UPLOAD)
> 5) Now You're back in edit mode...
>    a) The dropdown box should say <--NEW
>    b) CLICK UPLOAD
>    c) BROWSE YOUR DIRECTORY AND UPLOAD FILE
> 6) YOU'RE BACK IN EDIT MODE AND IMAGE IS UPDATED!
> 7) CLICK "OK" to set your changes
>
> I'm sure there's a better way to do this, since it leaves the image broken
> between the time you specify a new image and upload the new image... But
> it's the only way I know.

I have been waiting to respond to this. Thanks for exposing our rather
painful method of image upload for a product.

I am still not clear on what would be the best method. Stefan has provided
some code that works, I think, but I am still not sure what the behavior
should be.

Perhaps a separate "image" page on the items menu would be best,
but I would like to be as customizable as possible, not requiring
hardcoded field names like "image" and "thumb".

I will work on this.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown