[ic] Oracle?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 09:24:49 -0400

Quoting jason burns (jason@danni.com):
> Mike Heins wrote:
> >
> > Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> > > >

> > > Maybe even the first release. We have it pretty much put together. The
> > > thorniest problem we had was with the large number
> >
> > Oops. To continue, the thorniest problem we had was the large number of
> > reserved words in oracle. For instance, "size", "comment", "session", and
> > some other fields cannot be used in Oracle. (Well they can if you surround
> > them with double quotes, but that is not realistic to do in a portable
> > system.) So we are having to add a __MVC_FIELDMUNGE__ and __FIELDMUNGE__
> > variable set to add fragments to the field names in catalog templates
> > generated for Oracle.
> >

> Do you know what "size,comment,session"  fieldnames will be called for oracle?

I think our current thinking is that they will be modified
with a configurable suffix like "_fld" depending on what you set
__MVC_FIELDMUNGE__ to during catalog configuration. Basically, something
like size_fld, comment_fld, etc.

Jon Jensen is producing the Oracle definitions, and I think we will have
them out for 4.6.0, but I can't be sure.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.