[ic] Wooo Doggy!!!! or Where is that TAG!?!?!?

Strider Centaur strider@scifi-fantasy.com
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 22:48:36 -0400

Hi all Im looking for someone who can give me some idea on the tag
called [cat-exec bar_link]cat[/cat-exec]   Iv looked all over the
various source codes for this and can't find a darn thing.  I know it
seems to pull a field from the cat table, I know it is used to fill in
the list of categories on the LEFT side of construct.  But I have no
clue where it is, and what it takes a variables.  We really want it to
output a value other than the category name, in fact we would love to be
able to tell it to use a category title, that has no purpose in life but
to be displayed in the left side of list on the Template pages.

Why? you might ask.  Well we want the category name used in entering an
item to contain the manufactures name but on the quick list, we only
want the category name, as the manufacturer will be the area.  This is
caused by the way our customers SKUs are laid out, no way to generate
SKUs based on size, color, etc. selections, so we have to brute force
them into a massive array of areas, categories and sub categories,
sizes, colors, and other such data.   If I can just make a minor
modification to the cat-exec tag, I will be able to do all of this with
a simple change to flypage and results.

Also, is there anyway to contribute sites we design back to the
project?   I mean, Im sure there is at least one other person out there
who has SKUs based on Size and Color, I can't even imagine it being done
any other way.   :-)

--
Strider Centaur
HTTP://www.Scifi-Fantasy.com

   " It is my observation that unless you really understand the issues, you are
hardly in a position to criticize.   Nearly all Linux users have used Windows,
but very few Windows users have used Linux. " -- Me