[ic] cgi not working? My head hurts.

Peter Lamont peter@miro.com.au
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 22:07:03 +1000

Sorry for the confusion Steve,  - I replace the real URL with 'localhost'
for the purpose of public discussion for security purposes. (However Apache
will respond to localhost, loopback, hostname or server IP if queried from
the machine itself) It does display pages - just not the cgi's.

Peter.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Steve & Patti
Getzinger
Sent: Monday, 9 October 2000 8:56 PM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: Re: [ic] cgi not working? My head hurts.

What do you get when you try http://localhost/

  I have never tried to run Apache in a localhost config. so I do not
kow if that is reasonably valid. Since Apache is a web server I would
think it would need a more valid type server name like my.server.com Of
course if you are getting a 404 Apache is running. If you get nothing
with the above url then try:

hostname www.lamont.com
restart Apache
http://www.lamont.com/
Got a page? now try your cgi url

Steve

Peter Lamont wrote:

>  Well, it's the beginning of my second week trying to install
> interchange and I still can't get it going. I'm installing it on
> FreeeBSD 4.1.1/MySQL. I've read most emails to this group but
> embarrassing to say I still don't get what's going wrong.Configure
> runs fine - no errors - noticed better install this week from new
> d/load!makecat goes fine using mySQL or internal DB. Restart/start
> Interchange I get: Calling UI....
> ...UI is loaded....
> Interchange V4.5.7
> Configuring catalog construct...Using MySQL,
> DSN=dbi:mysql:test_construct.
> construct config error: Undefined subroutine &Vend::Table::DBI::create
> called at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 821,
> <IN> chunk 1. Clicking on any link on the
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/construct/index.html page gives me a 404.Any
> idea's?Peter Lamont
> Approvalplus Pty Ltd
> Level 5, 530 Collins Street
> Melbourne 3000. Victoria
> Tel: 61 3 9619 9338
> Fax: 61 3 9619 9370
> peter@approvalplus.com
> www.approvalplus.com

  WDI                          Steve & Patti Getzinger
  702 Lincolnway West          steveandpatti@wubs.org
  South Bend, IN  46616        http://www.wubs.org/
  219-287-4700 (Main Office)   317-535-0239 (Direct Line)