[ic] How to perform this search .... ?

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 09:21:45 -0500

Read the docs on search region and loop search. While not cost effective
resource wise a search region for the first required and inside that
area a loop search for the other elements with display being in the form
of [loop-field blah] should work. I utilize something similiar to this
and it works fine. I am running a smp with half a gig of ram though.

  As to your desire to upgrade I posted how I did it to the list.
Basically copy the catalogs you wish to move into Interchange and remove
MV 4.04 then install IC and copy the catalogs you want installed to the
vend root directory. Do a makecat for each and when asked for a template
to use call the catalog name you want. This will install your complete
MV catalog utilizing the Interchange server. Might not be the totally
correct way but it works :)

Steve

"Tal Hart (TelNET)" wrote:

> I am trying to make a simple search like this :
>
> IF _FieldA_ equals X , and _FieldB_ or _FieldC_ equals Y
>
> When i use the os=yes, than the or is reflected on the first field,
> which
> should be an AND,
> you see i need to combine AND & OR in the same search....
>
> how can i do it,
> and i need to do it , in an in-page search....
>

> Tal Hart
> I-Media Advertising network
> Tel # + 972-9-8859919    Fax # +972-9-8859929
> Address : Office - 10 giborey israel, New industrial area,Netanya
> Post Adress : 2 Gur st. , Ramat Poleg , Netanya , ISRAEL , 42000
> E-mail : tal@telnet.co.il           Web : www.imedia.co.il

  WDI                          Steve & Patti Getzinger
  702 Lincolnway West          steveandpatti@wubs.org
  South Bend, IN  46616        http://www.wubs.org/
  219-287-4700 (Main Office)   317-535-0239 (Direct Line)