[ic] cgi not working? My head hurts.

Strider Centaur strider@scifi-fantasy.com
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:30:58 -0400

    ICK HTML MAIL, stop that!!!!!

    Hi there Peter,

        You can find the answer to this on the FAQ and I am attaching it
here too, just incase.   Sorry in advance to all those with 300Bps
connection, also heres the link to that near wonderful document.
http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=faq06%2e02
:-)

==================
START OF ANNOYING PAGE COPY =======================================
                                 I can't get SQL to work -- Undefined
subroutine &Vend::Table::DBI::create ...

                                 I can't get SQL to work -- Undefined
subroutine &Vend::Table::DBI::create ...

                                 This probably means one of:

                                 No SQL database

                                        Interchange doesn't include a
SQL database. You must select one and install it.
                                 no DBI

                                        You must install Perl's DBI
module before using Interchange with SQL. You can see where to get it at
http://www.cpan.org, or try:

                                            perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI'

                                 no DBD

                                        You must install the specific
Perl DBD module for your database before using Interchange with SQL. You
can see where to get it at http://www.cpan.org, or try:

                                            perl -MCPAN -e 'install
DBD::XXXXX'

                                        where XXXX is the name of your
module. Some of them are:

                                            Adabas
                                            DB2
                                            Informix
                                            Ingres
                                            ODBC
                                            Oracle
                                            Pg
                                            Solid
                                            Sybase
                                            Unify
                                            XBase
                                            mSQL
                                            mysql

                                 If you can't make this script run
without error:

                                     use DBI;
                                     use DBD::XXXXX;

                                 then you don't have one of the above,
and Interchange will never run a SQL type.
                                 I don't like the column types that
Interchange defines!

                                 Then change them. See the simple/mysql
directory for some examples under MySQL.
                                 I change the ASCII file, but the table
is not updated. Why?

                                 Interchange writes an empty file
TABLE.sql (where TABLE is the name of the table). When this is present,
Interchange will never update the table from disk.

                                 Also, if you have changed the field
names in the file, you must restart the catalog (Apply Changes) before
they will be picked up.
                                 Why do I even need an ASCII file?

                                 Interchange wants some source for
column names initially. If you don't want to have one, just create a
TABLENAME.sql file in the products directory. For example, if
                                 you have this:

                                     Database products products.txt
dbi:mysql:test_minivend

                                 then create a file
products/products.sql. For

                                     Database pricing pricing.txt
dbi:mysql:test_minivend

                                 create a file products/pricing.sql.
Etc.
                                 Interchange overwrites my predefined
table!

                                 Yes, it will if you don't create a file
called TABLENAME.sql, where TABLENAME is the name of the Interchange
table. If you want this to happen by default, then set
                                 NoImport TABLENAME.

--
Strider Centaur
HTTP://www.Scifi-Fantasy.com

   " It is my observation that unless you really understand the issues, you are
hardly in a position to criticize.   Nearly all Linux users have used Windows,
but very few Windows users have used Linux. " -- Me