[ic] On the Fly Pages

Vanessa vdpeters@bellsouth.net
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:46:51 -0500

Thanks Ven.  Yes, my store is not at all perfect but I'm working on it -
PAINFULLY.  What version of Netscape are you looking at it with?  I'm using
4.5 and 4.7 and Internet Explorer.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Victor Nolton
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 3:36 AM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: Re: [ic] On the Fly Pages

Have you tried looking at the page with netscape?
http://brownsugarrecordsinc.com/cgi-bin/brownsugar.cgi/index.html
is all messed up. and remember not all netscapes use white as a
default background color it's actually gray (#cccccc)

Look in your config for where receipt is to be located. I thought it
SHOULD be in etc/receipt.html
Route main        receipt          etc/receipt.html
Route main        report           etc/report
SpecialPage          report         ../etc/report
SpecialPage          receipt        ../etc/receipt

I think in general you don't want the receipt/report pages in the
/pages directory, this allows users to execute them/view them
(assuming they know what they are doing)

Ven

>Guys,
>
>Interchange 4.5.6.  - My crude store is at www.brownsugarrecordsinc.com.
It
>won't be crude for long if, with your help, I can get over these hurdles.
>
>I wrote previously about a problem that I was having with my orders and
>search pages.  I am getting an error that ... special_pages/search(or
order)
>is not found.  You guys gave me some suggestions but I am still unable to
>resolve this issue.  I'm trying to use the demo store as my template.
>
>I am able to evenutally get to a shopping basket and am able to look at
it's
>contents (even though when I "order" and I get the error, it still puts
what
>I attempted to order in the basket).  I go through the check out process
and
>after submitting my order, I get an error 500.  My error log says that it
>can't find special pages/receipt.html.
>
>I did not have these problems before I attempted to configure
>Interchange/Minivend myself.  Before I changed anything, I made copies of
>the original html, tables, etc.  When I put everything back to its original
>pages, the errors do not go away.  Weird.
>
>If anyone out there has encountered this, please tell me what simple thing
>I'm doing to cause these errors.  It seems to only happen with pages that
>need to be created on the fly.  Any help will be greatly, greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>VP

Ven's News (Bookmark It) : http://www.vensnews.com

Effective 9/15 - All HTML Encoded email will be ignored. Learn Standards

Ven (ven@pragakhan.com) _________________ http://ven.pragakhan.com __
AOL: WebmstrVen     Praga Khan's Official Website        ICQ: 8321393
                       http://www.pragakhan.com
                     Lords of Acid Official Website
                       http://www.lordsofacid.com