[ic] IC 4.5.7 - SQL is not enabled

Ryan Hertz rhertz@gyb.baits.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:07:08 -0700

Hello everyone.  I've currently got a production MV3.x running happily; I'm
now trying to get the latest Interchange (4.5.7 beta) going on a
testbed.  So far, so good, Interchange daemon is running, construct demo is
up.  I'd like to just port my MV catalog to IC and call it good
enough.  :-)  However, I'd like to play with construct a bit and hopefully
do some performance tuning on the HTML for those Akopians.

Here's my problem right now...  clicking on a "Buy it now" yields this error:

 From interchange/error.log:

209.140.146.41 Bb6TKWg5:209.140.146.41 - [10/October/2000:14:32:43 -0700]
constr
uct /cgi-bin/construct/process.html Runtime error: SQL is not enabled for
Interc
hange. Get the SQL::Statement module.

Okay, I have CPAN'd SQL::Statement, (wasn't that part of the IC bundle?) I
don't have any SQL server running.  Anyone care to convince me to use
SQL?  My current catalog uses flatfiles, is plenty fast...

In order to use construct, do I have to get some flavor of SQL?  When I get
SQL running, do I need to rebuild the catalog?  Am I missing some very
important configuration?

Any tidbits are appreciated.

Thanks.

Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
Webmaster                                               fax  520-645-2588
Advertising Director                            http://yamamoto.baits.com
Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.                http://www.insideline.net