[ic] Preorder & Stock Alert Question

IF mymother@my-mothers-shop.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:09:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Mike Heins wrote:

[del]

> I put the inventory stuff in under protest -- representing that we can
> actually keep track of that is a bit misleading. We cannot hope to unless
> we are tightly coupled with a purchasing/MRP system.

[del]

> Once again, thanks for the comments.  I am very interested in
> creating a dialogue about this type of issue. As we integrate with more
> ERP/accounting systems, we will need to set up a series of models which
> can be selected at different points in the process.
>
> In fact, perhaps we can let it begin with your message. 8-)

The German Linux Magazin of the October 2000 edition has an article
about a GPL ERP/accounting system in development "QtTudo". It's
on sourceforge too. I am not the person to describe its intentions and
features, but if it should be something Akopia wants to have more
info about, may be Racke could help out by giving his
opinion and more detailed description about it. It uses only SQL92
Standard and client/server capable SQL dbs, for the time being Postgres
SQL. Maybe it could also use MaxSQL, the extension announced to MySQL.

As RedHat finally includes MySQL in his distribution, it would
make sense to have a look at it.

Or it is again a sensitive issue because it's a European based
development effort ?

--
IF