[ic] System requirements?

Fawad Halim fawad@fawad.net
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:19:47 -0500

Hi,
	I'm a new Minivend user. I'm playing around with 2 copies of
'construct' sample catalog. One using mysql and the other using the
native minivend database format. However, the pages are taking very long
to be formed. I have a 233mhz Pc with 32mb RAM. The pages take around
35-45 second each, even when I'm browsing from the local machine. I
tried using mod_minivend, but it got even slower.

I didn't see any memory requirements on the minivend docs, so could
someone please guide me on how I can improve performance?

In case it's of any help, my server is Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
AuthMySQL/2.20 DAV/1.0.1 PHP/4.0.2 mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a on
Linux. MySQL is version 3.23.25.
--

To err is human, but when the eraser wears out before the pencil,
you're overdoing it a little.