[ic] Need to restart ic continuously

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
12 Oct 2000 14:17:48 +0200

"Jeff Case" <jeff_case@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm on a shared server that shuts down ic/MV after X minutes.  Visitors then
> get the MV "Server busy" signal.

This is crap. Change your provider. It is not worth to fiddle with
something like that.

> I fixed this in MV two years ago with the help of Mike and my ISP.  However,
> my current situation requires that I do the following each time I restart:
>

> MINIVEND_DBFILE=1
> export MINIVEND_DBFILE
> restart
> <<
>
> How do I go about adding this to my current restart_mvend.cgi script?
>
> crontab checks to see if ic is running every 5 mins.
>
> The restart script reads:
>

> #!/bin/bash
> var=`ps -ax | grep "servername/ic" | grep -v -c grep`
export MINIVEND_DBFILE=1
> if [ 0 -eq $var ]
> then
> /my/local/directory/ic/bin/restart &
> fi
>
> <<
>
> How do I add the needed (DBFILE=1,etc) command-line arguments to this
> script?  I've tried a few things and can't get it to work.

There are lots of documentation about shell scripts around.

Ciao
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis