[ic] I have this idea for documentation on variables

Strider Centaur strider@scifi-fantasy.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:26:27 -0400

    It would be nice if all the ways to access variables were covered in
a single doc.   There is a real need for examples of this.   I would
love to do it but Im not up to speed on the many various ways to do it.

    Examples of this would include how to access fields in a database
and write those fields back out.  While some of this is in the
documentation I find many un documented tags littered about in the
examples.   Sometimes the documentation even refers to tags that are not
in the documentation, that's a real brain teaser there.  :-)

    It only took me about an hour to figure out how to use a variable in
a if context that was built by using several tags return values to
assemble something like products::description::BS08 on the fly.

    I know its all in there, just read the source, but in my opinion if
your going to have to go over the source with a fine tooth comb you
might as well be using something like PHPShop, its faster, but not
nearly as complete, though it is much easier to follow the source code

Strider Centaur

   " It is my observation that unless you really understand the issues, you are
hardly in a position to criticize.   Nearly all Linux users have used Windows,
but very few Windows users have used Linux. " -- Me