[ic] bin/makecat won't create database

Ralph Dorr ralph@enetwerx.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:26:03 -0500

Dear Interchange Users,

First of all I want to say that my Linux knowledge isn't what it used to be.
I fell by the Linux wayside several years ago and am now finding new ways of
using Linux. I want to say that Interchange looks like a fantastic product
and that I was able to successfuly install it once. I installed a fresh
Redhat 7.0 on a machine. Configured MySQL, and installed the Redhat 7 RPM
from the interchange website. I set permissions and was able to start the
interchange service. When running the makecat script it get to the point of
creating the database and gives this error:

error: Can't connect to local MySQL Server through socket
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)'

I have verified that the MySQL Server is running and that the parameters are
correct.

Please steer me to the root cause and resolution of this error or recommend
some troubleshooting tips.

Thanks

Ralph Dorr