[ic] Multilingual catalog?

Marco Prandini mprandini@deis.unibo.it
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:54:34 +0200

Hello,
I'm a newbie and I've spent the last few hours evaluating
Interchange, which seems a wonderful product indeed.

However, neither in the site documentation nor in the
mailing list archives, I've been able to find a reply
to this question:
Is it possible to build a truly multilingual e-commerce
site, by storing multiple-language product descriptions
and templates to be displayed according to the user
preference?

I understand that locale (currency & date) settings are
easily customizable, but I couldn't figure how to store
a description in each language for a given product,
without replicating it (thus needing to syncronize price,
availability etc.)

Thanks a lot in advance,
 Marco Prandini.