[ic] Multilingual catalog?

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
14 Oct 2000 18:11:51 +0200

Marco Prandini <mprandini@deis.unibo.it> writes:

> Hello,
> I'm a newbie and I've spent the last few hours evaluating
> Interchange, which seems a wonderful product indeed.
>
> However, neither in the site documentation nor in the
> mailing list archives, I've been able to find a reply
> to this question:
> Is it possible to build a truly multilingual e-commerce
> site, by storing multiple-language product descriptions
> and templates to be displayed according to the user
> preference?
>
> I understand that locale (currency & date) settings are
> easily customizable, but I couldn't figure how to store
> a description in each language for a given product,
> without replicating it (thus needing to syncronize price,
> availability etc.)

Sth. like that should be possible:

Locale en_US DescriptionField description_us
Locale it_IT DescriptionField description_it

or you can store the translations in the locales database.

Ciao
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis