[ic] Account Info Page needs feed back

Strider Centaur strider@scifi-fantasy.com
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:49:33 -0400

    I thought I saw something about this problems with the Demos account
info page ( ord/account.html ) and the fact that it does not provide any
active feedback to the customer when they hit submit, but no luck in the
archives.

    The problem as I see it, is that it states that the BOLD FIELDS are
required, and there is even a [if ] for some returned error, that I
guess never gets returned.  This is a problem on the online demo as
well, so we are pretty darn certain we didn't break it.  :-)

    Anyway, my question is, what can we do to provide some feedback to
the customer when they hit the submit button on that form?  Short of
totally rewriting it our hacking in a query into the form, is there a
tag for this?  I guess I just don't know enough about what errors are
returned by certain tag calls.  As it is I am sticking in a query to
pull the data at the top of the form and if one of the bold fields are
empty placing a red arrow next to it and putting a red message at the
top of the form telling them to fill in all areas marked with a red
arrow before submitting.   This will work, but I would love to know what
that non functional [if error ] thingie was supposed to do?  At the rate
Im going Im going to have virtually recoded the entire site.  I guess
that's the idea, but as I have stated before, if that's the game, Id
much rather have used PHP store.   Mind you I still think interchange
ROCKS!!!

    Ironically the more I clean up these pages the more I find myself
using direct queries into the DB.  This tells me I must be doing
something fundamentally wrong here.  :-)

--
Strider Centaur
HTTP://www.Scifi-Fantasy.com

   " It is my observation that unless you really understand the issues, you are
hardly in a position to criticize.   Nearly all Linux users have used Windows,
but very few Windows users have used Linux. " -- Me