[ic] Ok so Im an idiot, but its still broken...[error ] tag

Cameron B. Prince cameron@akopia.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:49:04 -0500

Originally, the construct demo was setup to only check for errors on the
checkout page.

It seems there is a bug in the error checking code addition to the account
page.

I'll look into this,

Thanks,

Cameron

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Strider
Centaur
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 10:46 AM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Ok so Im an idiot, but its still broken...[error ] tag

    But the if statement is already in the account form.  It all seems to be
in
there, here's the test they have:

FROM VIRGIN ACCOUNT.HTML

[if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]
<P>
errors in your last submission.</b>
They are shown in <FONT COLOR=__CONTRAST__>__CONTRAST__</FONT> below.</FONT>
<P>
[/if]

    That implies to me that the page should be checking for all required
fields
when the submit button is pressed.  This simply is not what is happening.

    I don't think the intent was to wait till a user checked out to check
the
information they entered in the Customer Service area.  That would simply be
wrong.  :-)

"Cameron B. Prince" wrote:

> I think the idea here was to do all the error checking on the checkout
page.

> You should be able to take the code from checkout and use on account if
> you'd like to check it there too.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Cameron

Strider Centaur
HTTP://www.Scifi-Fantasy.com

   " It is my observation that unless you really understand the issues, you
are
hardly in a position to criticize.   Nearly all Linux users have used
Windows,
but very few Windows users have used Linux. " -- Me