[ic] Another credit card authorization question.

Eric Paul epaul@spellbook.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:11:02 -0400

IMHO, if you can't afford $125 for a key, then you should NOT be in the
business of selling products online.  Now that the RSA patent has expired,
there is nothing to keep you from compiling up your own copy of Apache with
openssl/mod_ssl.  (Not that $150 for a copy of RedHat Pro was a real hardship)

No matter what package you use for credit card verification, you *SHOULD*
have a SSL Key to secure the customer's personal information as you take it
from them.  If you don't want to offer this to your clients, then don't
expect to take a lot of orders.

Eric