[ic] Controlling access to tables

Marcus Weseloh marcus@slightlydifferent.co.uk
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:36:53 +0100

> I have a table containing personal client information and want each
> client to be able to access just his own data. While that is not a
> problem, I fear that security is not very high as other users could guess
> the table name and (if they know minivend/interchange) display all the
> data in that table using commands in a URL.

Sorry, forget that. I just didn't think straight. I thought a one-click scan
of a table would just return the data, but of course it uses a result page
into which I can put conditionals. Next time I will think before posting to
the list.

Cheers,

	Marcus

---
Marcus Weseloh
Projects Director
Slightly Different Ltd. <www.slightlydifferent.co.uk>
Tel: +44 (0)1326 372416  Fax: +44 (0)1326 372114