[ic] Debianized version of Interchange-Any tips or tricks

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
17 Oct 2000 15:03:36 +0200

John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> writes:

> I just tried to convert the RH6 version of Akopia Interchange 4.5.7 to a
> Debian installation via Alien on a Potato system. I seemed to work and
> installed OK, but Interchange did not work. Also the Debian package
> manager removed it all without any problems. The main areas of
> contention seem to be where Debian interprets the file installation
> locations and local permissions. If anyone has successfully accomplished
> this please reply with any advise that you may provide. Thanks

Better try my Debian package and help me to work out the bugs.
The alien approach is very likely broken with complex packages
like Interchange.

Ciao
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis