[ic] TAX - not working for anything outside of the US?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:38:23 -0400

Quoting Dave Barr (dave.barr@cricinfo.com):
> Debian 2.2.17, MySQL 3.22.32, IC 4.5.8(CVS), perl 5.00503, GPG 1.0.1
> VERSION 4.5.8 - Build 18/10/00
>
> Hi all,
> I am building/testing IC 4.5.8 for use within the UK, when I changed
> the values associated with TAX via Knar (applying changes) to the
> following it simply would not work (returning 0.00):
>
>    TAXAREA  UK
>    TAXFIELD  country
>    TAXRATE  UK=17.5
>
> No errors are reported (just for the record).
> Has anyone else outside of the US (tested using Akopias address
> within Virginia and it worked fine) tried changing these values to
> anything that works? (esp changing the TAXFIELD from "state" to any
> other value).

Try changing the SalesTax directive in catalog.cfg to what it
should be:

SalesTax         __TAXFIELD__

Right now it is set to "state". I have fixed this in the distribution
for construct.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.