[ic] donation of arbitrary value

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:11:32 -0400

Quoting David Sheth (david@bmcinteractive.com):
> Hi,
>
> I build stores for non-profit orgs, and would like to switch to minivend.
> However, the non-profits all need a way for a person to make a donation of
> an arbitrary amount sometime during the checkout process.  What they don't
> want is for a person to have to choose from a list of predetermined donation
> amounts to add to their cart.  I suppose that I could take a customer's
> arbitrary donation amount and then on the fly create an item in the database
> that is priced at that amount, and then add it to their cart.  Are there
> other, possibly better/more elegant solutions?

Use the latest interchange and emulate the gift_cert item.

The basic idea is to use FractionalItems Yes, and make the amount
you enter the quantity for a 1 dollar (dinero, etc.) item.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.