[ic] Oracle vs MySQL

Rob Zimmerman rob@readysite.net
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:57:38 -0400

Jason,
I must admit I am a convert from the ascii file dbs of the old mv. As such I
just started reading  a MySQL book to assist my efforts. I installed PHP to
take advantage of all the nice interfaces to MySQL for admin functions so im
in no real hurry to change db systems, BUT since I have Oracle available to
me maybe I should install it and try it out.  Im running on SunUltra/Solaris.

Are the admin features user freindly to an sql novice?

Thanks for your answers, much appreciated!
Rob
--------