[ic] How to read the doc files

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:05:06 -0400

Quoting Zachary Matthews (zac@mediapc.com):
> Sounds like a simple question, but I can't seem to figure out what tool
> to use to read the files in interchange/doc. Files such as:
>
> mvdocs.8
> mvfaq.8
> mvtags.8
> etc.
>
> I have tried using man and perldoc to read these files, but neither
> program recognizes those files.  Can someone advise.

They are man files. Just do:

	nroff -man mvdocs.8 | more

It is possible nroff isn't on your system, and it may be called groff.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill