[ic] How do I upload thumbnail images?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:57:26 -0400

Quoting Ray Collett (ray@norwesters.net):
> The edit/create item menu has a place for uploading images, but I have not
> found where to upload the thumbnails.  I've found that the
> "mv_metadata.asc" lists a meta tag for both the images and the thumbnails,
> but I can't figure out how to add the meta tag to the edit/create item page.

The latest in CVS has that mv_metadata entry, and you will want to
copy those lines from the new construct/products/mv_metadata.asc file
to make it work as the new demo does. The keys are products::display
and products::image ; make sure you replace the __MVC_IMAGEDIR__ and
__MVC_IMAGEURL__ with appropriate values.

I will be working on a new mv_metadata scheme to make update easier, since
the metadata can be important to the operation of the admin interface.
This will involve saving the original values of all of the MVC_WHATEVER
templating strings so that you can copy the data from the latest template.
This will be in 4.7.x, which will follow shortly after we release 4.6.0.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon