[ic] CVS 21:00 MDT problems

Boyd Lynn Gerber gerberb@zenez.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 06:38:44 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Jon Jensen wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
>
> > The latest cvs has this problem.
> >
> > mkdir interchange-4.5.8/dist/construct/pages/affiliate -e: dist/construct/pages/affiliate/index.html not found at -e line 1
> > Can't read dist/construct/pages/affiliate/index.html: No such file or directory
> >  at -e line 1
>
> Boyd,
>
> When you figure out what the difference was between bash and the other
> shells, would you mind posting your experience to the user list so others
> can be aware of the issue too?

Jon and the list,

I found a problem with CVS 1.10.7, with RH 7.0, Caldera 2.4, UnixWare
7.1.X and OpenServer 5.0.X and the akopia cvs server.  If I use the bash
shell on each of the OS's the missing file is retrieved.  If I use sh, ksh
and tcsh it does not retrieve it.  If I use CVS 1.11.0 it works and does
not seem to be shell related.  This does not make any sense to me why a
shell would make a difference.  If any one else has a problem you may want
to upgrade to the latest version of CVS.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044