[ic] what causes read-only table?

Erik Parker eparker@mindsec.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

Ok well.. This is embarassing now..

It's not Mysql complaining about the table.. It appears that any entry in
the variable.txt file under catalogs/X/products/

Can't be edited.. So if you remove itfrom there.. you still can't add
anything.

I thought perhaps it was a permission problem with not being able to write
to that file, but that's not the case.. It has full access to write to the
file.

There are other things defined, that don't live in that variables.txt file
either..

Such as under "Administration / Access"

Users Test, shipping and admin.. can't modify any of their information..

Anything I edit in the variable.txt does show up after a server restart

I *can* edit things under items, customers, orders, content.. All of
those..
Just nothing under administratoion..