[ic] How can I override ProductFiles?

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
26 Oct 2000 12:30:14 -0400

jojo@buchonline.net writes:

> How can I switch the product file or the database name or the table
> name, if someone is on the adult page or not?

I'm trying to do a similar thing (basically filter products out of the
results pages with more than just the category).  However, rather than
using multiple product tables, I am approaching it as with a
subcategory.

My catalog is for cellular telephone accessories.  The products are
divided up by which phone they are compatible with.  My areas are
things like cases, chargers, and face-plates.  My subcategories are
codes for the various phone models.

Here's where I fall apart because basically I don't know very advanced
ic tags.  My leftside has links that are generated with

        [cat-exec bar_link]cat[/cat-exec]

What I can't do yet is modify how the url is generated so that the
additional search criteria (subcategory) is used.

To sum up, I don't have a good sulution for you; just a suggestion for
a different direction to try.
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker