[ic] Interchange 4.6.0 now available

Jon Jensen jon@akopia.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:03:52 -0500 (CDT)

The time has arrived. Interchange 4.6.0 has been released.

It is available for download in tarball, RPM, and Debian packages at:

http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/download.html

Interchange 4.6 is the first general release of Interchange. It is built
on the foundation of Minivend version 4, with substantial UI and content
management functionality from its Tallyman heritage. Interchange 4.6 also
brings many completely new features, including:

* A reorganized Administrative User Interface (UI) that is more intuitive
for both technical and business users. The UI is now organized by Orders,
Customers, Products, Merchandising, Content, Design, Administration and
Reporting.

* Construct Something is a new demo site created by our Professional
Services Group and powered by Akopia Interchange 4.6. We have added a
Construct Something tour of the demo that walks you through both the store
and the administrative site. Once you are comfortable with the tour, you
can go directly to the live Construct Something demo and manipulate data
yourself.

* Completely overhauled documentation is now available both with the
Interchange distribution and on this website.

* New features include split shipping, integrated shipping notices,
merchandising complementary products and upsells, enhanced discounting
capabilities, Purchase Order functionality, and more.

Development will continue with version 4.7.0, while future updates to the
4.6 line will be mostly bugfixes and minor changes.

As always, we encourage Interchange users to participate on the
interchange-users list with questions, comments, and contributions. See
http://lists.akopia.com/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users for information
on the list.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to Interchange.

The Akopia Team