[ic] Re: IC 4.6.0 and development

Curt Hauge chc@mninter.net
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 15:03:52 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C02BB8.CFB200A0

I use Notepad+. It is exactly like Windows Notepad, except it doesn't have
the file size limitation, and has lots of other features and options not
found in the Microsoft version. You can download this free at
http://www.mypeecee.org/rogsoft/. It is a must have for those who still use
Windows Notepad.

Curt Hauge
  -----Original Message-----
  From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of marcel
  Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 6:48 AM
  To: interchange-users@minivend.com
  Subject: Re: [ic] Re: IC 4.6.0 and development

  Best choice would always be a text editor.
  Then you're REALLY sure that it doesn't mess with the code.
  I use nedit 5.1.1(http://nedit.org) on my linux box (redhat62). It's
pretty fast, lotsa features, and very well
  shortcuted for an ex-windows user like me.
  But I think that what helps me more is the highlighting it provides.
  it helps by highlighting HTML tags and perl (it surely helps on regexps
and blocks).
  and it provides this feature for about everything is available for linux
(C, perl, python, csh, sh, bash, html,
  sgml, tcl, pascal, latex, postcript, sql, an lot more).
  A virtual linux box should help, but I think that for development it'll be
ALWAYS faster in a installation
  basic installation with only modules and stuff you need. not a single .so
or whatever added.

  Hansraj Pankhania wrote:

    Hi All, After months of trial and error and constant messages to this
group, I have finally managed to get the current version of interchange
installed. My next request for guidance is:- 1) What editor or html program
do most users of interchange use to develop their site. 2) The installation
I have carried out is on a Virtual server running linux, any advice on how
to develop here. Whats the best way to develop a site considering the fact
that I don't have IC installed on my computer which runs windows 98. I'm
will be n a position to start developing once these questions are answered.
It a long process to start using IC but I the the wait is worth it. Thanks
to all in advance. Hansraj

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C02BB8.CFB200A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.3207.2500" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D370150020-01102000>I use=20
Notepad+. It is exactly like Windows Notepad, except it doesn't have the =
file=20
size limitation, and has lots of other features and options not found in =
the=20
Microsoft version. You can download this free at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.mypeecee.org/rogsoft/">http://www.mypeecee.org/rogsoft=
/</A>. It=20
is a must have for those who still use Windows =
Notepad.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D370150020-01102000></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D370150020-01102000>Curt=20
Hauge</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  interchange-users-admin@minivend.com=20
  [mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>marcel<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, October 31, 2000 6:48 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  interchange-users@minivend.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: [ic] Re: IC =
4.6.0 and=20
  development<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>Best choice would always be a text =
editor.=20
  <BR>Then you're REALLY&nbsp;sure that it doesn't mess with the code. =
<BR>I use=20
  nedit 5.1.1(<A href=3D"http://nedit.org">http://nedit.org</A>) on my =
linux box=20
  (redhat62). It's pretty fast, lotsa features, and very well =
<BR>shortcuted for=20
  an ex-windows user like me. <BR>But I think that what helps me more is =
the=20
  highlighting it provides. <BR>it helps by highlighting HTML&nbsp;tags =
and perl=20
  (it surely helps on regexps and blocks). <BR>and it provides this =
feature for=20
  about everything is available for linux (C, perl, python, csh, sh, =
bash, html,=20
  <BR>sgml, tcl, pascal, latex, postcript, sql, an lot more).=20
  <P>A virtual linux box should help, but I think that for development =
it'll be=20
  ALWAYS&nbsp;faster in a installation <BR>basic installation with only =
modules=20
  and stuff you need. not a single .so or whatever added.=20
  <P>Hansraj Pankhania wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    <FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>Hi All,</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT=20
    face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>After months of trial and error and =
constant=20
    messages to this group, I have finally managed to get the current =
version of=20
    interchange installed.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial><FONT =
size=3D-1>My=20
    next request for guidance is:-</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT =
face=3DArial><FONT=20
    size=3D-1>1) What editor or html program do most users of =
interchange use to=20
    develop their site.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial><FONT =
size=3D-1>2) The=20
    installation I have carried out is on a Virtual server running =
linux, any=20
    advice on how to develop here. Whats the best way to develop a site=20
    considering the fact that I don't have IC installed on my computer =
which=20
    runs windows 98.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial><FONT =
size=3D-1>I'm will=20
    be n a position to start developing once these questions are=20
    answered.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>It a =
long=20
    process to start using IC but I the the wait is worth=20
    it.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>Thanks to =
all in=20
    advance.</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial><FONT=20
    =
size=3D-1>Hansraj</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></H=

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C02BB8.CFB200A0--