[ic] taking advantage of the addl_category in 'barry'

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
05 Sep 2000 12:46:22 -0400

As some of you may have noticed, I'm pretty new to
minivend/interchange.  I've managed to get a site working for the most
part.  The only thing I lack is a filer for scanning products.  I have
a handfull of categories that work fine for displaying all the
products in that category.  I also have an 'addl_category' that I
would like to take advantage of.  Products in all the addl_categories
are in all the categories.  The layout is more matrix than tree-like.

What I would like is a form on the main page (really in the logobar)
for selecting the addl_category.  This selection should remain
throughout the user's session or until they select a new
addl_category.  Further, this addl_category should be used as an
additional search filter when scanning the products by category.

I have read the documentation - several times.  It seems like each
five times I read it, something becomes more clear.  If someone could
point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.  I'm just not
sure what the "standard" minivend/interchange way of doing this is.
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker