[ic] New Categories?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 01:18:58 -0400

Quoting Reid Ivens (reid@n-visionit.com):
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a quick question.  Embarrassingly enough, I can't figure out how to
> add new categories to Interchange.  I've added one using the "Categories"
> section of the "Site Layout" page, but when I go to add a new product, the
> category doesn't appear in the select box.  There is a bit of text next to
> that selectbox saying "Enter in box for new category" but I'm not sure
> exactly what that means.  Can anyone clear that up for me?

Sorry, bad mv_metadata definition for that catalog. This will be corrected
as I totally revamp the layout editor.

In the interim:

    1. Log in as a super user to the UI.
    2. Make sure you turn on meta links:

	    Quicklinks -> Preferences -> link at bottom

    3. Navigate to the Item editor
       --- Edit any item.
       --- Follow the "meta" link for the field "category".

    4. mv_metadata editor for products::category
       --- select widget type "Combo select"
       --- select filter type "Null select"
       --- Click OK button

    5. Navigate back to the item editor.

At that point, you should be able to type in any text and it will
show up as a new category.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock