[ic] Frustrations with adding users

Rocky Marquiss rmarquiss@discovercreation.org
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:31:11 -0600

I set up the demo catalog. I place an order and check out. I then select to
create an account and fill in the appropriate fields. I continue with check
out all appears well.

However, the customer is really added as a U0000# instead of the user id
entered - and the transaction uses that customer. This customer has all the
address information, etc. When the user logs on the name doesn't appear,
there aren't any orders showing up and there isn't any address information
present. I can go in and manually fix the order in MySQL (delete the user,
update username of U0000# to username, update username in transaction on
all U0000# records). From this point on all is well - user logs on, gets
all current information. He can order against it and new orders appear. The
problem only exists on new customers.

What am I doing wrong?
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD
JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  Isaiah
12:2

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous
judgments endureth for ever.  Psalms 119:160