[ic] Simple search

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:18:03 -0700

Bob -

...I may be behind the times, but the way I read it, this expands to
mv_search_field=mv_searchspec, which makes no sense.  sf should be assigned
a fieldname from the products database, or take it out completely to have
the search string compared against all fields in a record.  Try pasting a
modified version on the location line and see if it works.

- Ed L>

At 11:45 AM 9/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm trying to create a simple search using the site layout utility.
>I want a subcat search like the NEW under books on the barry demo.
>Under cat properties I have:
>Simple search
>Results default
>Display type Name
>When I do a search from the page I get:
>search error: Limit subroutine creation: Can't use an undefined value as
>an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/minivend/lib/Vend/Search.pm line 673.
>Do I need something besides se? I tried many different combinations but
>it looks like my problem may be elsewhere.
>Interchange-users mailing list

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 fax